who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Thought on Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry

On my what I got for my birthday, I mentioned I got myself a Charlotte Tilburry Matte Revolution Lipstick in Glastonberry. While that post has only been up for a week, I've actually tried this lipstick multiple time to give, what I thought, is a proper judgement regarding this particular product. Please bear in mind that this is my honest and personal opinion, which means that different thing might occur to you.

Glastonberry is described as 'sheer blackcurrant hue'. Touted as one of the best vamp lips, I can see the reason why. It's a true dark-bold lip color, and just because it has cold-undertone, doesn't mean people with warm-undertone cannot rock it. It works for me if I dab it gently and tidy it up with lip brush, the color isn't as bold but still great. The formula itself is comfortable, very creamy for matte lipstick and the lasting power is great.

However, the biggest problem for me is how it tastes on my lips. It has slight vanilla scent that's not overpowering, instead, it feels a little chocolate-y, which is okay for me, I have no problem with fragranced product. However, it changed upon application; there's this weird, waxy flavor - not even waxy feeling; taste - that makes me nauseous. Blotting the lipstick helps diminishing the strong flavor, but it doesn't change any, I still feel bothered knowing there's something with weird taste sitting on my lips.

I tried loving this, I truly did, but in the end, I have to be honest with myself; I can't stand it. While I love the color, and the stunning non-drying yet true-matte formula, I do not feel comfortable wearing it for its weird flavor. It might be just me, seeing that I'm yet to see anyone suffering from this issue. But the bottom line is; this lipstick is not for me seeing as I'm someone who favors comfort over anything.
What do you think of Glastonberry? Do you love it?

acceptance over understanding
follow me on
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment