who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Lisptick Wardrobe


My love for dark, bold lips is well documented in this blog. I think. At least I think so. I'm never shy about them, I whip them here and now regardless of the season, which is quiet obvious since where I live, we don't know any other season than wet and dry. I pretty much have the liberty of wearing dark lips all year around; yessssssssss!

When did it begin, again, if I recount correctly, it all began 3 years ago when I picked up MUFE ARTIST PLEXI GLOSS in a whim. It's very glossy, highly-pigmented, wet, and, erm, messy? (as it transfers everywhere) product. Still, the goods overcome the bad and it's the only thing I had on my lips until I find my one and only, my holy grail, my sun and my shine; BURBERRY LIP VELVET IN OXBLOOD.
It's something I never stop raving about in this blog for how lovely and utterly incredible it is. I swear there's no better lipstick in this world for me but this one baby, encapsulated in hefty, magnetic packaging with Burberry's iconic check printed on it. It feels luxurious. The lipstick itself is equally so, having the said check printed on the bullet.

Another matte lipsitck in my arsenal is GLASTONBERRY from CHARLOTTE TILBURRY. I bought this one as birthday present, and, honestly, it's a purchase I regret, a little, for the color is rather hard to pull. But still, I can never seem to get rid of it for a reason that I'd admit to be shallow; the photogenic packaging!
On the creamier side I have CLINIQUE POP LIP PRIMER in BERRY & MAC BRAVE RED. Both have more forgiving formula. My lips are quiet difficult to work with, I don't think it gets along well with tinted lip balm and some lipsticks. I'm still yet to pin point what is wrong, but by the end of the day, I'd end up with flakey, unflattering lips that makes some formula hard to work with (like matte, for example).

In liquid lipstick category, I'm utterly smitten by NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAMS that I bought two in just a span of a week (let me tell you, this is an achievement!). I think other bloggers have raved about this little bottle of magic and wonder enough, so, I'll refrain from making long paragraph on why they are amazing, and they're truly deserving of the love they received. BODY SHOP MATTE LIP LIQUID wasn't something I appreciated enough when I got it, but lately, it's been my favorite choice for a dark lip days.

What's in your lipstick wardrobe?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment