who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

2017 Best of Skincare


I didn't realize, until I snapped these pictures in one December morning (quiet bright, there were people outside working on the house's canopy, and they probably question why the lady of this room is always taking photos of, of...things), that my skincare drawer has been overrun by Korean skincare. Specifically; INNISFREE. From scale 1 to 10, how big is the possibility that you're only using one brand for skincare? When you're a beauty junkie? Probably around 5, but mine is high on the 8th (because I'm still faithful to KIEHL's MRC and LANEIGE's LIGHT BALANCING EMULSION).

I pondered; what's with Innisfree? and realized i'ts combination of; 1) my Korean trip last January, 2) Innsifree's local store, 3) they're simply AMAZING. None of their products has disappoint me so far. Price-wise, they're cheaper than KIEHL's or LANEIGE (my two favorite brands for skincare), so I'm naturally attracted to try their products.
I have oily skin, enlarged pores, and struggle with whiteheads everyday. It's incredibly important to keep my skin as clear as possible, no matter how lazy I am (22 at night and just wanna face-plant on the bed), I always make it to remove my makeup.

INNISFREE GREEN TEA FRESH MAKE UP REMOVER OIL is k-beauty's cult favorite for makeup remover. This one is targeted for oily skin. My sister have the other for dry skin, and indeed, the texture feels different as this one feels lighter and thinner in consistency. It doesn't clog pores, nor does it break me out (like another oil cleanser I've tried in the past), and I'm already in my second bottle (with the third sitting pretty in my drawer).


Following in is JEJU VOLCANIC PORE CLEANSING FOAM. JEJU VOLCANIC-line is INNSIFREE's stand-out line against black heads and enlarged pores. I purchased it on a whim after I ran out of my beloved SHISEIDO PERFECT WHIP, I might have love this more than SHISEIDO one's (gasp!). It feels super thick, lathers well, and has small granule particles that might act as incredibly gentle exfoliator. It also contains orchid extracts which helps soothes and moisturizes skin. I noticed after using this, I got less and less break out.

Which probably means this is a lot better than SHISEIDO, but I'm still on the fence...

JEJU VOLCANIC 3 IN 1 NOSE PACK is another thing in my arsenal to battle sebums, but I will talk about this hybrid of pack+scrub+cleanser product in later post that specifically address treatment for oily skin (keep your eyes on the blog).

For troubled, sensitive, and blemished skin, INNSIFREE comes up with BIJA-line. Since I'm also battling with acne scarring and prone to acne in general, I picked up the BIJA TROUBE SKIN, a toner, randomly before I went to see THOR:RAGNAROK, alone (is this piece of information important? Yes, it is. Maybe). Bija is korean version of nutmeg, the oil extracted from this seed has great anti-inflammatory effect.

Last but not least is sunscreen, which is the most vital part for any skincare routine and anti-aging effort. I didn't incorporate it as religiously until I find PERFECT UV PROTECTION CREAM FOR OILY SKIN, as I found most sunscreen is too heavy for my skin. It boasts SPF 50+ with PA+++++, which is  perfect in the condition when I'm living in.

That has been my favorite skincare finds in 2017. What's yours?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment