who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Desk Updates

The past four months had me, for the first time in my life (or, maybe, not really the first time. Technically.) moved out of my house. It went a major renovation, as major as tearing down the roof, and foundation, and tiles, and walls, and start everything from zero. We're living in spanking brand new house now, my mother's dream house with cream colored wall and high ceiling, and I find myself in a new room, with light turqoise colored wall and white furnitures.

The first thing that I put together was my desk. I switched from my, practically 10 years old desk to Alex desk from Ikea last August. It has two drawers; one where I store my stationaries, and the right one for my beauty bits.

I use random boxes that I purposely kept to store them. I have quiet a lot of fandom things like postcards, photocards, stickers, and what-not, and seeing them cluttered whenever I pull my drawer out makes me incredibly mad. Boxes are great for this reason. Boxes are life-saver. I love boxes. They separate my polaroids and fansites' goods so well. Nice, pretty, boxes.

The set up for my makeup is pretty much the same, still using the classic Muji acrylic drawer to store them. My collection definitely grow this year, especially on the eye department, but I managed to fit all of them in one box! Okay, maybe not, since liquid base products and sprays are put inside the drawer, but the other decor items like blushes and lipstick are sitting prettily inside the boxes. What a beauty blogger dream.

Obviously I will talk about my beauty set up later once I have acquired a proper vanity mirror (I'm holding on with my hand mirror and folding mirror now. Absolute nightmare), and the focus of today's post will be the desk set up in general.

I have decided to go with it and display things I love. Things that gives me joy and inspiration. Say goodbye to pretty prints and quotes, and hello to biases! Yes, I do love them! I shamelesly put three huge photos, and there are still, at least four? Five? to come once the season greetings I ordered arrive.

The A3 Canvas is from DeFlow's photo exhibition back in July and it took at least three months until it reached me. The long wait is incredibly worthed it. I was in awe as I unpacked the photo canvas. DeFlow's photo quality is stunning as always, the rich, vibrant color, the candidness of this photo that perfectly captured his emotion; perfect! I always feel energized waking up to this every morning.

The mesh board is from Ikea. It comes with paper clips as well, but as you can see, as I slowly fill them with many, many photo cards, postcards, photo stickers, and birthday cards, they're not enough, and I need to pull out my wooden clips. I have pretty much everything I love there, and like any other mood board, this will probably change the next season/month, but for now, these are my ultimates. I also hang my sunglasses on the corner for a dash of maturity, as my sister put it.

Down below, I have my Hermes' perfume, Argain Body butter from body shop, box of My Burberry Perfume, and shell dish from Zara Home to store my bracelets and rings. To finish, I put my rabbit plushie from Ikea, and a captain America tsumtsum in its lap.

The desk is very me, it's not the desk you will expect from twenty something, fully-functioning adult. However, here it is, my desk, I think it's me, in desk set up form(?). It has a taste of everything from high end lipstick, child's toy, spices and cardamom perfume, potrait of idols, and photo stickers from her younger days. It's very personal, and since it's the place where I will spend most of my time in, I think it makes sense that I want, or rather; need it to be one.

How do you set up your desk?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment