who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

An Ode to Pink Eyeshadows

If it wasn't obvious already (which, I'm sure; it's not), I've accumulated a fair amount of warm toned eyeshadow these past months. Starting from ZOEVA's Caramel melange palette, and now I have total of two palettes full of pinkish and reddish colors. I know it's little compared to some other bloggers out there with their infinite amount of palettes, but the thought of having too much to actually wear sends me into this spiral of anxiety. Am I the only one?

I'm omitting the said Caramel Melange from this post for the sake of focusing on to the pinkish tones only. Starting with the stunning Cherry Blossom palette from Etude House. I didn't have high hope to begin with, I expected some to be horribly crumbly, a fall out fess, or not doing anything at all period, and, voila! It's actually better than I expected.

Some shades are duds, like two colors on right end (which is INCREDIBLY disappointing, because, boy, was I looking forward to that bright magenta one), some are stellar. God-sent. Life-saver. The shimmery champagne and peach are my favorites throughout September as all-over lids color, instant wake me up color, they'd say. They look beautiful under my eyes too, with the matte brown smudged on the corner and lash lines.

I love to mix the muted purple (matte) with the brown one as crease/transitional color. It's definitely on pigmented shade as it shows up with purplish hue instead of turning muddy color on my darker lids. The gold shade (5th from bottom) has no gold pigment whatsoever, but it's perfect pick when I want some sparkles on my eyes.

The rest are single eyeshadows, again, from Korean Brands. I regret not picking up more Aritaum mono shadow, they're cheap as chips, and are splendid on the lids. I can never seem to skip patting this glittery shadow in Coral Mod on the center of my lids. Of course when I actually bother putting on makeup, aka. mostly three times a week as of late. I already picked at least three other colors to add to my collection, I'm addicted, it seems.

Lazier day calls for Enamel Eyes, another product from Etude House. It's cream product that I usually stay away at least 100000 ft radius from (oily lids ahead), but this one surprisingly stay put. Maybe thanks to the primer I never fail to put on prior from slathering this on. Either way, it's gorgeous coral-y, orange shade with specks of gold.

The remaining two producst are single shadows from The Saem that I've mentioned time to time. Both are mattes, both can be infuriatingly powdery, but both manage to escape the curse of patchy, non-pigmented matte. Fear it not, the red isn't as intimidating in real life. Applied with light hand, it gives a nice breathe of statement color, usually, I used it on the outer corner of my eyes, with the pink one as all over lid color.

Whilst they work beautifully together, like butter on toast, of course I love to experiment. Throw all these warm tones together, no eyeliner, smudge the darkest and boldest color instead, slather those shimmers, and glitters! Throw some matte on the crease! Add some more red! Pat on glitters!

It sounds mad. It sounds crazy. But that's how I've been sporting my eyes for the last three to four months (again; when I can be bothered, because you only have time as little as energy at 4 AM). The trend might have passed with the release of UD's Naked Heat (that I'm checking everyday at Sephora Online like Vulture), but I'm never one to follow the trend anyways, so, I will continue charming pink clouds onto the lids for, months to come.

What's your favorite pink eyeshadows?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment