who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, January 6, 2017

1 Year of Selene Addicted and Blogging Goals

Today marks 1 year I've been blogging in Selene Addicted. Here are my blogging goals for 2017.
Today marks 1 year I've been blogging in Selene Addicted. Here are my blogging goals for 2017.
Today marks 1 year since I started 'reviving' this little space of mine. I had written on why did I pick up blogging again and my decision to change the direction of my blogging activity in general. I didn't really have specific goal last year since I was more intent on blogging consistently to keep this place alive than anything else, but looking at how far I've come, I think it's okay to be a little bit 'ambitious' this year. Here are my blogging goals for 2017.

I've been thinking on getting a new logo since the one I'm currently using is not a logo per se. Plus, it's quiet essential for branding. I have many designer friends that I can count on to, think of this as my way of supporting them.

Other than technically optimizing my image by compressing its size to ensure the loading speed of my blog, I'm also talking about creating different kind of images for different platforms. I used to post 1 image to all platforms, but actually, it's better to create different one for each since every platform have their own rules. It will be more tasking for sure, but hopefully, it will bore fruition in the end.

 I was in the 'finding stage' last year, but lately, I think I have finally got the exact image of what aesthetic I want to pursue; the classic bright and airy. Before, I love to make an image with white, bright, and stark background. However lately, I realize sometimes I made the photo ended up too contrasting or over-exposed, with can be unkind to some eyes. With some neat tricks I've learned and found such as planning the image before and literally chasing after the light, I hope I can make my image came with 'practiced ease' as opposed to 'spontaneous'.

While I have no particular problem with my current side-bar, I feel like I can do more about it. There are so many things a blogger can do with his/her sidebar, like popping on wishlist box or displaying their most popular post. I'm still in the process of tidying spaces up, hopefully, you can see my new side bar by February.

These are two kind of posts I've always wanted to try writing but never did because I simply feel inadequate. However, I can actually use that aspect to create a 'different' kind of helpful post. I'm still at learning stage, so I can easily relate with problems that the others are facing.

 I never really tell anyone around me that I do blogging. If they knew, they did it because the accidentally stumbled upon some posts I shared on facebook, not from me directly. To be honest, I wasn't comfortable on letting people around me know what I'm doing, but reading other people's stories inspired me. There's nothing wrong with what we're doing, so there really is reason for me to be ashamed. For now, I will be promoting more regularly via my facebook (though I also consider making an account for Selene Addicted itself), increase my pinterest activity, and optimizes my instagram by writing some short reviews in the post.

I always feel flattered whenever a blogger reply to my comment, and while I did reply to each and every comments all of you left (seriously, thank you!), it can take me a week since the entry was posted. This year, other than wanting to get back to you faster, I want to engage more with the other bloggers either via the blog itself or social media like instagram.

for each and every single of you who had kindly spare some of your precious time to visit this 'little garden' of mine. I wouldn't be able to be here if not for your support, and I will continue to make better content that hopefully you can enjoy even more.
Today marks 1 year I've been blogging in Selene Addicted. Here are my blogging goals for 2017.
What are you blogging goal this year?
follow me on
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment