who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Jill Stuart Review Ribbon Couture Eyes


Jill Stuart Review Ribbon Couture Eyes
Dear Jill Stuart, please trust me when I said I love you, because truly, I do, and for such reason too I will be objective when it comes to you. I was really estatic when you surprised me by the excelent quality of Velvet Eyeshadow and it was with same expectation that I picked another eyeshadow from you which is the ribbon couture eyes. Such lovely and pleasant color for a blue-lover like me, but why, oh why you have to do this to me?

Jill Stuart Review Ribbon Couture Eyes
Ribbon Couture Eyes used to be Jill Stuart's newest eyeshadow line until the new one came out in the beginning of the year. This one promises shimmery, high in color eyeshadow, and even if the color selection, like the other Jill Stuart eyeshadow, is dominated by variations of brown, this line actually released some popping color like this one in 'Indigo Tweed', a part of their Summer 2015 releases. I picked this up last May when I was in Japan but didn't use it until about five months later because I didn't have a heart to ruin the beautiful ribbon embosssing. Housed in a luxurious-looking package that feels as luxurious on hands, presentation-wise, there's nothing to fault from this product. That was only until you try it on.

I don't know if it's the fault lies in my way of applying them or in the tools or in the product itself. Since this eyeshadow is on the sheer side, I need to pack them on so the color is vibrant enough. The thing is, whenever I add more product, the ones already on my lids just move around so it's almost impossible to pack them and get intense, vivid result. I tried putting them over primer and they perform better on top of Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Bone, but not without difficulties. That being said, they actually stay true to their shade on my deeper-toned lids instead of turning into same dirty hues of grey (something I experienced with local brand blue palette), so in a way this product is not entirely bad either. I tried doing blue-smokey eyes look with this and they were actually stunning!

Jill Stuart Review Ribbon Couture Eyes
My favorite shades of the bunch are the turqoise-mint shade and the deep royal-blue shade. They're a little bit crumbly but has minimum fall-out. The shimmer, as you can see on the above photos, are so finely milled, they also give the eyeshadow a nice dimension that makes it sophisticated when each shade is worn alone. Still, with how hard it is to work this eyeshadow, I won't say I love it but I don't hate it either. If you're a fan of high shimmer eyeshadow (and pretty, luxurious packaging), this eyeshadow might be the one for you.

Have you tried any Jill Stuart Eyeshadow? What's you favorite shimmer eyeshadow?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment