who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 in Music

Music is inseparable from my routine. Spending almost 5 hours ever day just to commute, I need something to spare me from my boredom (and stress of having to face traffic). I find music to be my source of solace, something that affect my mood greatly. I'm pretty emotional when it comes to music, I assure you I am capable of crying just by listening to music and staring into space, thinking of nothing but letting the lyrics seep into me. Below are some favorite albums released this year that had helped me, or just accompanying me getting through 2015.

SHINee - The 4th Album Odd/ The 4th Repackaged Album Married to The Music
Jonghyun - The 1st EP BASE
Nine Muses - DRAMA
Nine Muses - LOST


Picking favorite among them will be hard, especially the SHINee albums, I just cannot choose. But I guess you tell by the image in this post which album actually won me over, right? Usually in every album (or minis), there's bound to be one song that just doesn't work. However, that isn't the case with The Collection Story Op 1. I absolutely love every single piece in this album, and the beautiful, meaningful, relatable lyrics are just icing on the cake. It also happened that this was the album that I kept listening during the lowest point of this year. It sounded silly but, the songs helped me getting through.

Are you surprised with the lack of Japanese album? I didn't keep track of Japanese artist this year aside from Rib even though I pretty much listened to Japanese songs the first half of 2015. But they were little new release that interested me and most that I was digging into were older releases (Rib's 1st and 2nd Album, Utada Hikaru's Solo Collection from years ago, pretty much all Rurutia's albums).

If I had to choose artist of the year (for me, at least), I will hand it down to SHINee and Rib. Do you have any memorable music or song of the year?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment