who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Everyday Makeup Staples

As much as the beauty content I consume every day is the morning I wake up feeling putting on makeup is the last thing I’d do. Hopefully I’m not alone in this department, I reckon each person have their own reasoning, but for me, mostly because of fatigue. The need to look presentable prevails still, and these are the products I reach for when the blue-morning comes.

Never before I thought a primer will bring excitement to my life. If you remember last year, I fawned so much over MAX FACTOR’s faceffinity, this one is even better. While both are lovely as foundation base, PAUL & JOE PROTECTING FOUNDATION PRIMER works as beautifully alone. The official website doesn’t mention anything about what this silky liquid contains, but it lives true to its moisturizing and lightweight claim. It is very fluid, easy to apply, rather than primer, this resembles a tinted moisturizer. Smoothing this over my face instantly banishes the dullness of my skin, brightens up, and enlivens my face. The perfect one for lazy morning.

Until last year, I was never a brow person. I mentioned briefly in my last post that it’s all the Korean beauty bits that got me excited about brows. While I’m getting better at drawing my brows, in the morning when all I want to do is fall face first on the bed instead of stepping out to tackle busy day, a tinted brow mascara is the ultimate life saver. THE SAEM BROWCARA in BROWN is bought precisely for this reason; aye, I bought it to save my lazy-ass soul. Like other brow mascara out there, just a wiggle here and there, voila! They might not be Instagram-worthy brows, but they save my brows from looking like two sad caterpillars sitting on top of my eyes.
A staple from last year is my JILL STUART LAYER BLUSH in OLD ROSE. Looking at the dents, you can tell this blush has been thoroughlyl loved. I mean, who’s not excited looking at that elegant packaging, am I right? Containing very fine shimmer, this pinky-mauve blush lifts up my complexion in a breeze. A swipe of this on the apple of my cheeks and I’m ready to tackle the day.

Lips is that one department I can never leave out because I’d look like a sickly looking potato (is that even a thing?). I moved temporary out of my house for renovation, and I had tucked away lipsticks that I no longer wear, leaving me with only two of them. What I thought would be the chance to use up old products changed upon purchase and purchase of lipstick (hope I’m not the only one who had committed this atrocity). As of late, I’ve been loving NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM in BUDAPEST or PRAGUE, with old love BURBERRY LIP VELVET in OBXBLOOD occasionally thrown into the mix.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment