who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Brand focus: Kiehl's

Kiehl's Skincares
Kiehl's might be a brand that I just discovered this year, but has quickly became my firm favorite for skincare. The reason is pretty simple; they work. They deliver what they claim without any mumbo-jumbo promise. Each products I bought had helped me tacking all my skin issues; from acne-scars to dull, oily skin. While some product took time to show its wonder, some just worked instantly. In this post, I'm going to introduce you some Kiehl's products I've tried.

Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner; while some people find toner to be a moot product, that's not the case with me. Having oily skin, a toner is a must, both to remove dirt residue and refresh my face, it also promises removal of excess oil which is what my skin needs. This toner is both paraben and alcohol free, so, it clarifies my face without drying them. I think this can work for dry and normal skin as well, seeing as the gentle formula is so universal.

Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser; Trivial as it is, I'm a believer of same series product work well together, so, when I ran out of my Perfect Whip Cleanser, I picked this up. I love my cleanser to be creamy without drying, and this does exactly like that. Enriched with imperata cylindrica that helps skin to retain and store moisture effectively, this cleanser is even suitable for sensitive skin.

Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment; was the very first product I bought from them and what made me their follower. This cream treatment is formulated with Sulfur for acne-clearing and Vitamin B3, it helps reducing acne scar without stinging nor drying. After I started using this, my acne scar faded a lot faster than before (2 months from the usual 4 months). After 5 months of usage, my skin becomes so clear to the point I feel comfortable without makeup. Nowadays, I'm not using it every night but only after I had period acne.

Midnight Recovery Concentrate; this cult favorite reigns supreme in my skincare stash for it's amazing ability to brighten, clear, and improve my skin at the same time. This oil works by replenishing skin at night when it is at its most receptive. I religiously massaged three drops of this to my face every single night without fail, and wake up with fresh looking skin. I don't think I will ever try another facial oil, seeing how effective it works on me, I literally noticed a change on my skin in a week!

Facial Fuel No Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm; while this is actually marketed toward male audience, I picked this up for it's non-glossy finish which is friendly for matte lipstick. A couple of post ago, I mentioned how difficult it is for me to find a lip balm that works, and this is one of the rare ones that do. It's not thick and doesn't feel like a film of moisture sitting on my lips, dries fast after application without actually drying them.

Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque; actually, I'm slathering this all over my face while writing this. Clay mask is something that is always recommended for oily skin for its ability to absorb oil and dirt from your skin. While clay mask can be drying sometimes (I'm looking at you, TBS old clay mask), this one is enriched with aloe vera to prevent it from happening. It's very huge, so it can last you a really long time.
Kiehl’s favorite skincare
What do you think of Kiehl's? Do you have any favorite from them?

acceptance over understanding
follow me on
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment