who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Jill Stuart Beauty Talk #01 Introduction

Hello, darlings! Welcome to the newest 'installment' in this blog; Jill Stuart Beauty Talk! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I'm truly, madly, and deeply in love with Jill Stuart Beauty. It has everything to do with the brand's aesthetic, the pink-silver packaging, and the actual product itself. Honestly, I feel bad to talk about this brand since it's not widely available everywhere. But I guess this way, you will know what brand to try when you find yourself in Japan, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. Even if I can buy Jill Stuart online from sellers on Instagram, actually, all of my Jill Stuart products were purchased when I was in Japan.

Jill Stuart itself is a New York based fashion line, branching from ready to wear collection to bridal (which is also huge in Japan). They first launched their makeup line in 2005 with 'innocent sexy' as their concept, definitely more to the innocent image than the sexy. Jill Stuart Beauty lines also translates the aesthetic of their bridal line; dreamy and romantic.

One thing you must remember from Jill Stuart Beauty, is that despite being originated in New York, this brand emphasis natural looking and high in shimmer makeup over highly pigmented and bolder look that western market is going for. This kind of look happens to be favored at where this brand is sold at; Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and recently Thailand.So, by no means that Jill Stuart Beauty is bad for being not as pigmented, because in the end, makeup also comes to personal preference. If you're not up for their kind of aesthetic, maybe they're simply not for you. But don't worry, in case you still want to dip your toes into the sea of Jill Stuart Beauty, they got a different range of products to offer:
  • Makeups
  • Bath & Body (Jill Stuart RELAX)
  • Nail polishes (Nail Lacquer)
  • Skincare
  • Fragrance
  • Tools & Brushes
I've reviewed some of my Jill Stuart products in the past (Lipstick & Lip Gloss, Eyeshadow Quad, Eyeshadow 5 Palette). 2 of 3 are mixed opinion, but from I can promise you the rest of products to come are all amazing products that I truly love. The products I own is still a very small part of Jill Stuart Beauty collection. I'm looking forward to get my hand on another item from them, hopefully somewhere around October /I'm looking at you brow powder and mascara ;)/.

What Jill Stuart Beauty product you want to try?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment