who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, August 12, 2016

5 Shimmery Eyeshadow Picks

Hot weather and busy morning means I'm all for one-wash wonder eyeshadow. It doesn't only save time, but also avoid my eyes to look funny in case the weather turns unforgiving and decides to ruin the meticulously applied layers of eyeshadow. For me, one-wash wonder eyeshadow calls for shimmer that gives eyes extra dimension under certain light. Here are my 5 shimmery eyeshadow picks.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette in Push Up & Chocolate Martini; 'push up' is beautiful rose gold with pretty shimmer that translates into bronze on my lids. It's been my favorite lid color since forever (just look at the dip). 'Chocolate Martini' is true chocolate with gold shimmer. The texture is more chalky than 'Push Up' but not to the point of stubbornly unworkable. Due to its deeper color, it shows up really close to its as-seen-on-pan-color on my lids.

Beyond Cream Eyeshadow in 08 Signature Alice; I reviewed this eyeshadow back in May (please refer here for more accurate swatch). At the end, I mentioned I was having difficulty in applying this eyeshadow. Recently, I found out that the best way to apply this is by packing it on the lids using q-tips! It's much more vibrant, bold, and vivid than using finger. This method gives this eyeshadow fall out but nothing wet-wipes and concealer cannot take care of.

Burberry Eye Colour Wet & Dry Glow Shadow in 001 Gold Pearl; I'm insanely in love with this eyeshadow. I don't think there was any day back in July when I didn't pop this to my lids. Quality wise, I don't think this eyeshadow has any significant fault. This true-gold eyeshadow is more vibrant when wet, but even dry, this gives beautiful wash of color that instantly brighten up my eyes.

Kiko Long Lasting Stick in 05 Rosy Brown; the infamous dupe of By Terry Eyeshadow stick is as good as everyone claimed it to be. I love whoever thought of eyeshadow stick, this is so practical and can be applied when I'm in hurry, even on the go. I've been using this so much that I think I'm about to run out of it soon, I'm thinking between repurchasing or trying other shade in the line. What do you think?

I'm sorry that I'm an absolute failure when it comes to swatch photo, it doesn't do the actual product justice at all. I tried taking dozens of them but nothing worked in portraying the actual beauty of these 5 eyeshadows.

What's your favorite shimmery eyeshadow?


acceptance over understanding
follow me on
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment