who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Friday, July 15, 2016

How I deal with my oily & acne-prone skin

Growing up, I don't remember I ever take proper care of my skin (or myself, really). I was one of this kid who hit her puberty late (around 18), and by then, my skin was already damaged; uneven skin tone, bumpy skin, acnes, large pores, white & black-heads, oily, lots of sebum (and grease), dull skin. I didn't have the healthiest of diet either (lots of fat, grease, nuts, lack of exercise). The problems are piling up and for nearly 5 years I was struggling to find the right products for me. In the beginning of the year, I vowed myself to up my skincare game, and 6 months later, switched my skincare routine to Laneige and Kiehl's products, and my skin has never been better. I still have some acne scars left, they're hormonal so I cannot stop them, but they're healing fast. My face is brighter and more even in texture!

After cleaning my face, I pour deliberate amount of Laneige White Plus Renew Skin Refiner to cotton pad, and swipe it around my face. This refiner is supposed to 'refine' my face, balancing the PH, so my skin is ready to drink the next product and makes it work better. This also helps getting rid of dirt residue, plus brightening my skin. In the morning, I use Laneige Light Balancing Emulsion in place of regular moisturizer for day-time. It's very light-weight and absorbs really fast. For night-time, I gently massage three drops of everyone and their mother's favorite; Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concetrate. Then apply Kiehl's Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment to problematic areas, especially the ones where I get pimples and acne most often to finish the routine.

When I feel like pampering my skin, I use Laneige's Black Head Melting Gel, which helps me getting read of pesky white/black head easier, followed by Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque before continuing with regular routines. I do this at least once in a week.

After starting this routine, I immediately noticed the difference. I used to have bumps and uneven skin between cheeks and ears area, around my temple and the chin, but in about a month, they are gone. My skin feels very smooth, soft, and plump every morning, and it gets better by day. As for acne, it is hormonal thing, so it is impossible to get rid of it completely from outside. However, this routine manages to keep them at bay, plus making the acne scar fade faster. Every month I got at least 2 acne (5 when it's that worst). My acne scar usually fade after 4 months, but by then, another acne had popped, so it's like an endless battle. However, now the acne I got is reduce to 1-2, fades easily, and the scars they left only last for a month and a half.

It can be stressful at times to find that I still pops some acne or two, but take a deep breathe, release, and be thankful that I have find products that work to help me dealing with my skin. Do you also have oily & acne-prone skin? What products you use to deal with them?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment