who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The 3 Perfect Polish for Bright Summer

Some people associate summer with pastel colored nails, some people associate it with bright, vivid colored nails. I'm personally part of the latter team. While pastel nails are undeniably cute, I think they're more appropriate for spring while summer calls for bright, solid color, and even some fine shimmer for extra dimension under the sun. Here are my 3 favorite nail polishes for summer.

Chanel La Vernish in 665 Vibrato; this vibrant cobalt blue polish just screams summer and nautical for me, perfect color for summer. This is my first chanel nail polish (and quiet possibly the last, whoops), thankfully this doesn't disappoint. One coat gives me opaque color, second coat give more glossy finish and extra shine.

Jill Stuart Nail Lacquer in 11 Sweet Notes; this pearl formula nail polish has fine golden shimmer running through it. This nail polish is meant to be sheer, so if you expect a smack-bam opaque nails, you won't find it here. Still, this peachy pink nail with glossy finish looks very beautiful and feminine. The formula is wetter compared to my other Jill Stuart polishes, thankfully, once it dried, it hardly budge.

Jill Stuart Nail Lacquer in 04 Pink Drop; this bright, deep pink polish is from the non-pearl formula. It offers everything you want from nail polish; fast drying, opaque, and glossy on the first coat. I normally wear it with two coats since if gives me more solid color, plus higher shine. Together with Vibrato, this polish makes a good pair when worn side by side. 

Formula wise, I think I'm more a fan of Jill Stuart Polishes. While Chanel is just as beautiful, I notice that Jill Stuart's polishes applies more 'rich', doesn't spread as thin as Chanel's on first coat, and the brush is easier to work with. Also, this is not really important, but when I run my finger on my polished nails, I noticed that Jill Stuart feels smoother than Chanel's. Wear-time wise, both last for 3 days without chipping on my nails until I decided to play around with my nails and literally peeling them off myself (not a good habit).

What's your summer nail polish picks?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment