who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

5 Disappointing Products

If they have their ‘hits’, every brands must have their misses as well.Here are 5 beauty products that disappointed me.
If they have their ‘hits’, every brands must have their misses as well.Here are 5 beauty products that disappointed me.
If they have their ‘hits’, every brands must have their misses as well. I think every can relate with having this one brand they love so much, but one day, one of their product failed to meet the expectation. Bad apples, they said. But not in any way these bad apples totally ruined my impression about a certain brand for I know each brand have their own ‘ace product’, and maybe I just happened to pick their less than stellar product. Here are 5 beauty products that disappointed me.

Laneige White Plus Renew Skin Refiner; Laneige is one brand that always impress me with their skincare so when I picked this up, I had high expectation, especially after how their Light Balancing Emulsion played a big role in getting rid of my acne scaring. However, this emulsion literally had no effect on my skin at all in a sense it didn’t deliver what it claimed to do; brightening up my skin. For something that’s priced higher compared to their other refiner, i don’t think this one worth the money.

Jill Stuart Ribbon Couture Eyes in Indigo Tweed; Jill Stuart jeweling eyes is such a stunner that I had high expectation when picking up this palette, especially with its swoon worthy color. Sadly, the formula is so lack-cluster. Other than the weak pigmentation, it’s almost impossible to work this eyeshadow for it always disappears upon blending. At least, like any other Jill Stuart product, this one is gorgeously packaged, so it is forgiven(?).

Bobbi Brown Spot Treatment Concealer; Bobbi Brown is the brand that lured me into the world of beauty, so my trust to them is also blind. This is one of the first products I tried for them, and I always wanted to make this work, but sadly, it just didn’t. This gotta be one of the most drying concealers I’ve ever tried; it flaked unflatteringly and emphasized the blemishes instead.

Chanel Le Vernis; now before you raised your eyebrows high because I did mention  this nail polish as my favorite last year, I’m not going to refute my claim, but I still do think that for its price, this polish can do better. Maybe it’s the thin formula, but I found this polish always bubble? up weirdly on first layer and I have to apply another coat to make it spread evenly. I do not have this problem with Jill Stuart polish which costs half of this (and packed even more elaborately).

Benefit Porefessional; with my big pores, porefessional is one of those highly coveted product that I want to try. Sadly, I fall into that category of people who got break out from this, and while this work well for other people, it didn’t make my face condition any better.
If they have their ‘hits’, every brands must have their misses as well.Here are 5 beauty products that disappointed me.
If they have their ‘hits’, every brands must have their misses as well.Here are 5 beauty products that disappointed me.
What products have disappointed you?
acceptance over understanding
follow me on
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment