who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Brand focus: Bobbi Brown

Bobbi Brown seems to be the brand that everyone know is good but rarely talk about. I read somewhere because the brand is associated with 'boring', and to some point, I agree. They're not going for the whole fun and exciting aesthetic, more to classic and simple makeup. Despite their simplicity, they always deliver most of the time, plus they have the whole iconic products that everyone love and acknowledge. As someone who's all into natural, simple, and practical, their vision when it comes to makeup happen to fall in line with me. 

Bobbi Brown was, in fact, the first brand that got me into trying more makeup. Sure I started getting interested back when Burberry first launched their makeup line, but it wasn't until I read Bobbi's Makeup Manual Book and gathered my courage to visit their counter, that I begin to take makeup seriously. I love them simply because their products always seem to work, at least on me, maybe I'm just lucky with them. Either way, so far they had not disappoint me with any of their products. Below are 5 of my favorite Bobbi Brown products.

Long Wear Even Finish Foundation with SPF 15 (4,5 natural tan)
I cannot stop raving about this foundation, I just can't, I'm that in love with them. I've reviewed my foundation back in January and my claim still stand. This light-weight foundation offers medium to full coverage with very natural finish. Geared for people with oily skin, this foundation doesn't make my face fall flat, the finish leans more toward satin than matte. I need to apply powder on top of this, and even if I have to regularly blot my face (more habit than anything), this foundation does last for about 8 hours on me.

Blush (Nectar)
My holy grail blush! This is also reviewed back in April. This pink coral blush gives me the most flattering shade of flush ever. The pigmentation is buildable, on daily basis, I wear enough to give color to my dull skin, and on special occasion like wedding, I simply layered it up for more vibrant color. Either way, this is the 'no-brainer', 'you can go no wrong' -kind of blush that is versatile, appropriate for every occasion, and insanely long-lasting.

Creamy Concealer (Natural)
'Secret of The Universe' , as Bobbi touted it to be. This iconic concealer is my favorite for under eyes. As the name suggests, this concealer is very creamy but without being heavy. A few dots with my ring fingers and I look more 'awake'. I reserve this for under-eye area but during the day when I cannot be more bothered to pick up different concealer, I use this to cover redness as well.

Sheer Powder Brush
The greatest brush I own in my collection (bold claim). This do-it-all brush is intended for any powder product, supposes to gives you more natural finish than regular face brush. The hair is natural, feels soft, and the brush is slightly tapered, shaped like rounded triangle (do I make sense?) to suits for different purpose. So far I've used it for all powder products I have from powder to bronzer/contour (back when I still had Benefit Hoola!). I mostly use this to apply my blush, it always picks the right amount without making it too much nor too little.

Lip pencil in True Pink
This lip pencil was bought on a whim but I was surprised with how amazing they are. I think I've mentioned my love for this lip pencil a couple of times. It's creamy, so I can easily apply this without tugging, also long lasting and non-drying. The color itself is bold enough to be worn on its own. I personally love to wear it alone!

Another Bobbi Brown products I own including; Corrective Spot Treatment SPF 25 PA++, Natural Brow Shaper in Brunette, Smokey Eye mascara (very great as well!), Compact Loose Powder, and Cream Eyeshadow in Bone (great as eyeshadow base to make the color pop).

I'm thinking of getting their Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Gold and their infamous Shimmer Brick somewhere next year. And if chance presents itself, I will probably pick their Touch Up Stick as well since it has been in my wishlist from 2014.

Have you tried any product from Bobbi Brown? What product do you want to try?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment