who dreams of moon, of stars, and nice cup of coffee with cinnamon roll in the morning.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Favorite Rose Scented Products


I happened to love rose fragrance more than I expected. Continuing the 'pink-themed' February, it's only fitting we talk about 'roses', isn't it? What other flower can be more appropriate with how closely related it is to 'love' and 'affection'? I remember the day when I almost obsessively track down every meaning of every roses out there and pink rose that speaks of 'admiration' has been my favorite after orange roses (happiness). Not just aesthetically pleasing, roses are also meaningful, and it smells really great; warm, romantic, and lady-like, which is probably why I'm attracted to its fragrance more than any other flowers. Here are some rose scented products I'm still using at the moment.

Liz Lisa eau de Linge Originale
Somewhere during my stay in Japan when I was pretty much attracted to Liz Lisa, I just know I need to smell like Liz Lisa. If you visited the actual store, you will know what I'm talking about; a warm, very girly floral scent that makes you feel like you are the most feminine and beautiful lady around. It just smells like warm winter, that's the only way to put it in my opinion. Needless to say this is a very winter appropriate fragrance for its warmth, comforting scent. There is no list of what kind of roses are put in there but they mentioned 10 essential oils being inside, I suspect some tea-tree oil is infused as well because there is that subtle hint of it. This works as all rounder fragrance; room, clothes, and body as well. Whenever it rains, I always make sure to spray this all over the room for a little bit of extra warmth.

Liz Lisa La Vie en Rose Body Lotion
Technically not a fragrance but this body lotion has some amazing long lasting scent going on, I swear it smells as much as it hydrates. It also has a very light and fast absorbing texture, something I appreciated from body lotion. This doesn't smell as heavy as it's eau de Linge counterpart, instead, I'd say this and that have entirely different perfume formula. Not as warm as the previous one, this body lotion is very appropriate for spring. It smells like a beautiful rose garden under the warm sun and crisp, fresh air.

L'Occitane Roses et Reines EDT
Since attending gym every morning, a need for portable and handy perfume rose (no pun intended) within me, and that's how I ended up with this roll on perfume. Between this one and Jardin Secret, I picked this for it's lighter and fresher scent. It smells very feminine with 4 roses; Bulgarian, Grasse, Turkish, and Moroccan, as its middle note. Guess what, it has bergamot as its top notes. No wonder I'm attracted to this lovely thing.

Jill Stuart Tuberose & Rose Hand Cream
The hand cream that I and my mother swear by. Coming from Jill Stuart, the packaging literally has nothing to fault at. The formula has me and my mother on our feet; it's thick but once you rub it it, it just melts and the residual stickiness only lasts for no more than 10 seconds before leaving your hand as soft as butter. Whenever I visit Japan, mom always make sure that I bring at least one for her. As the name suggest, this is more heavier on tuberose's side than the rose itself. Compared to the others, this smells the sweetest.

Jill Stuart Tuberose & Rose Body Milk
The body milk version of Rose & Tuberose Hand cream. The only difference is truly only on the consistency side being body milk and all. Compared to TBS' body milk, Jill Stuart's is runnier but the funny thing is it's not as sticky. Scent wise, this smells completely the same with the hand cream.

Those are my favorite rose scented product. Do you have any favorite rose scented product?

acceptance over understanding
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment